PLEASE NOTE THE SCANNER DOES NOT INCLUDE THE CARRYING CASE, INSTEAD IT WILL COME IN RETAIL PACKAGING.
You’re driving along through the beautiful Yorkshire Dales countryside or any road for that matter and all of a sudden you see the dreaded check engine light on your dashboard! You ask yourself what could it mean? What do I do?
You have two options:
- Take you car to the dealership or local mechanic who could charge up to £100 + VAT just to diagnose the car! Fixing it will be a whole different matter not to mention the potentially extortionate cost!
- You could be savvy and buy this ANCEL AD310 diagnostic scanner and read the fault code yourself which has triggered the check engine light on your dashboard in order to get a better understanding of what’s going on under your bonnet. It could be as simple as a loose fuel cap which either needs tightening or replacing. It could potentially be something more serious.
Going with option 2 may still well mean taking your car to the dealership or mechanic, however it will ensure you are more informed and it will give you some indication as to the severity of the problem. You could save time and money by presenting your findings to your mechanic. Most places we would like to think are decent and honest, however there are a few unscrupulous individuals who give the industry a bad name and it’s them you want to steer clear from and to be able to challenge them in the event you’re having wool pulled over your eyes!
This low cost OBD2 scanner will allow you to easily diagnose engine and emissions related problems providing you with fault codes and their description. A few uses of the tool and you’re quids in!
You can also use it to stay on top of problems before they begin to fester into bigger problems. This is a must have for any DIYer’s toolbox or even a mechanic for that matter, as it has numerous advanced functions.
Common causes for the check engine light and their associated cost to fix
A recent study revealed the following are the most common causes for the check engine light:
- Faulty catalytic converter(s): £1045.77
- Faulty faulty oxygen sensor(s): £184.17
- Faulty ignition coil(s) and spark plug(s): £294.41
- Faulty mass airflow sensor: £254.30
- Inspect for loose fuel cap and tighten or replace: £18.91
- Faulty ignition coil(s): £162.41
- Faulty evaporative emissions (EVAP) purge control valve: £107.43
- Faulty fuel injector(s): £339.00
- Faulty thermostat: £178.67
- Faulty evaporative emissions (EVAP) purge solenoid: £112.50
It’s very important to note that sometimes the check engine light can appear for no apparent reason! This is usually an intermittent problem due to a change in some variables such as the humidity. The light should go off itself after some time, alternatively it can be cleared with this scan tool if you want to put your mind at ease. As a result you’ll be saving the cost of visiting the garage!
- We are Albionshire Diagnostics (UK), an authorised UK distributor of ANCEL products and ANCEL AD310
- This is a genuine and official model with 1 year warranty.
- Brand new and unused
- Comes with a LIFE TIME OF FREE UPDATES
- Read and clear fault codes
- Very easy to use interface to easily diagnose problems yourself, saving time and money
- Easily diagnose engine and emissions related problems
- Supports the following OBD-II functions
- I/M Readiness
- Freeze Frame
- Live data in graphical form – see key data statistics in real time
- Auto VIN Detection – have you lost the VIN, CID, or CVN number? No problem, this tool will read the VIN number from the ECU and display it
- LCD display
- Built-in DTC library – DTCs is just another term for fault codes, this scanner has a built-in library which means unlike other scanners you don’t have to google the fault code to understand what it is, the scanner will provide you with a short description of the fault
- Wide vehicle coverage – works on most cars from 2001+ (petrol) and 2004+ (diesel) to the present
- Multi-lingual – Supports multiple languages such as English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Italian and Portuguese
- We have a close working relationship with the supplier. Please get in-touch with us if you have any queries regarding the scanner such as vehicle coverage for diagnostics and maintenance functions or any other query for that matter. At Albionshire Diagnostics we pride ourselves on great customer service, please see our Trustpilot reviews.
Works on most cars from 2001 to the present
Unlike other tools, this tool has large vehicle coverage support, it works on most cars from 2001+ (petrol) and 2004+ (diesel) to the present.
Supports a wide number of different protocols
- J1850 PWM
- J18850 VPW
- CAN OBD-II protocol
Genuine and Official
- BEWARE of fakes flooding eBay, they may appear CHEAP but in the long run will cost you more due to incomplete support
- We are Albionshire Diagnostics (UK), an authorised UK distributor of ANCEL products
- AVOID fakes, be SMART, be SAFE and buy GENUINE
No yearly expensive subscription fees
This scanner is extremely good value for money, there are no expensive and complex yearly subscription fees.
1. 1x Official Scanner
2: 1x Manual